Sight is arguably your most precious sense, which is why your vision should be safeguarded in every way possible. When it comes to choosing a surgeon to correct your vision, it is important to choose an experienced, knowledgeable professional who can perform the procedure safely and effectively. With more than 24,000 successful refractive surgeries to our credit, the surgeons at Maida CustomVision are considered by many to be the nation’s premier eye surgery practice, serving patients from throughout the United States from our Jacksonville, Florida practice.
If you are interested in learning more about Maida CustomVision and our staff of eye care specialists, contact us today.
What to Look for in an Eye Surgeon
The doctors and staff at Maida CustomVision understand that the decision to entrust a doctor with your eyesight is a big one. That’s why we strive to make your vision experience as comfortable, effective, and safe as possible. Using advanced technology and surgical techniques, we have provided for the vision needs of thousands of patients. We know that patients may have a lot of questions about refractive surgery, and we’re here to help. When it comes to choosing your eye surgeon, here are some questions you may want to ask:
- How many procedures has the surgeon performed?
- Is the surgeon an expert in the field?
- Is the practice limited to refractive surgery?
- How long has the surgeon been utilizing the excimer laser?
- Is the surgeon a mentor to other doctors on the subject of refractive surgery?
- Has the surgeon trained other doctors in refractive procedures?
- Does the surgeon offer all current refractive options?
- Is the surgeon fellowship trained in cornea and laser vision correction?
Getting answers to all of these questions will help you feel confident in your decision to undergo refractive surgery. It is important to take part in a comprehensive consultation with any surgeon you are considering to perform your corrective surgery. At Maida CustomVision, we are proud of our experience and reputation, and more than happy to share the answers to all of these questions with prospective patients.
In Eye Surgery, Experience Counts
Not only have the surgeons at Maida CustomVision performed more than 24,000 refractive procedures, but we were also one of the first in the world to use the excimer laser that is now common in refractive surgery. In addition to having performed thousands of refractive surgeries, we are widely regarded as the premier refractive surgery practice by both patients and peers. Indeed, we have treated countless friends and family members, and even several professional athletes. Because of our solid reputation and extensive experience, the doctors at Maida CustomVision are frequently asked to present lectures to fellow eye surgeons. Furthermore, Dr. Maida is credited with setting up the first excimer laser clinics in Columbia, Peru, and Ecuador in 1993, and has trained hundreds of doctors on how to use the laser. Patients can find both expert surgical treatment and superior customer care at our Jacksonville, Florida practice.
Why Choose the Doctors at Maida CustomVision
- Dr. Jerry Maida was the first practitioner in Florida to use the excimer laser
- Maida Custom Vision focuses specifically on refractive surgery, staying up to date on the latest technology and treatment techniques
- We offer a comprehensive range of refractive options, including IOLs, photo refractive keratectomy, PML LASIK, and more.
- Member of International Society of Refractive Surgery
- First to utilize IntraLase® – All laser LASIK in combination with LADARVision® Wavefront technology in Florida.
Learn More about Maida CustomVision
When it comes down to it, the experience of your eye surgeon is of the utmost importance when considering vision treatment. While some practices may entice patients with deep discounts and extra frills, Maida CustomVision remains the top choice for eye surgery because of our knowledge and expertise. To schedule a consultation with one of our refractive eye surgeons, contact our Jacksonville, Florida practice today.